Ofsted Report 2013
The last Ofsted inspection was carried out on the 24th January 2013. Please use the link below to download a copy of the report.
|Summary of 2013 Ofsted key findings for parents and pupils|
This is a good school.
- Pupils make good progress. Attainment is above average in English and mathematics by the end of Year 6.
- Each year, standards improve. Standards are particularly high in reading.
- The school was in the top 20% nationally in 2012 for adding value to pupils’ learning in mathematics.
- Disabled pupils and those with special educational needs do as well as other pupils because they are given the right sort of help in lessons.
- Good leadership of teaching has made teaching better since the previous inspection. It is now good and a few lessons are outstanding.
- Pupils are keen to learn. Their attendance is above average.
- Pupils feel very safe. They say that there is always an adult to turn to should they have any worries.
- Good leadership, management and governance have made the school much more successful.
- Leaders, managers and governors contribute significantly to raising teaching quality. Pupils’ achievement is securely good as a result.
- The Riverside Care Club provides good before -and after-school care. It contributes to the school’s welcoming, happy, family atmosphere.
- Pupils sing exceptionally well and work with professionals on choral projects.
|It is not yet an outstanding school because|
- Teaching is not yet outstanding. Teaching does not always ensure that the work for more-able pupils is hard enough and makes them think for themselves.
- Teachers do not make full enough use of the outdoor learning environment in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Click here for further information about the school on the Ofsted Website
Click here to download our letter to parents with regards to the Ofsted inspection